Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 19 - It's creeping insidiously to my face

The affected areas are insidiously spreading - it's moving upwards.  It's currently on my hands, extending towards the mid upper arm, and it's taking over the whole of my legs as well. For the past week, I was hoping against all odds that I would be lucky to have my torso and face be left alone, since I've never applied steroid cream on those areas. But alas, my luck ran dry. My cheeks, eyelids and upper lip area are now showing signs of dryness and redness. Fuck me!

I was still functioning with some semblance of sanity and normality when my face was intact. I'd simply just cover up in longs and I'd look pretty normal (except for the gross feet and hands). However it's not all that enjoyable going out all covered up in a tropical country, where the ridiculous heat and high humidity makes me feel sticky and itchy as quickly as stepping out of my house. But now with the face thrown into the picture as well, it's gonna be a different ballgame from here. 

Come what may, I'll take you on.

Note: Took my first zyrtec (anti-histamine) an hour ago, and I seem to feel much less itchy! It's pretty costly at SGD1.20 a pill.



No comments:

Post a Comment